NextPreviousDid you mean:You can also try:Search is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.We were unable to find a result that matches your request. Please check your spelling or try using different search terms. If you can't find what you're looking for, or have any additional questions or advice needs, please call one of our Investment Consultants at +1-415-667-8400.
Minimum to open an Individual/Joint account: $10,000
Minimum to open a Corporate account: $100,000
Stock Commissions Per Executed Trade (includes Exchange Traded Funds)
Online commission + $25.00
Restrictions apply: The $8.95 flat commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. Foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S. will have a $50 foreign transaction fee added to the cost of the transaction. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details.
Mutual Fund Transaction Fees Per Executed Trade
Some funds may also charge sales and/or redemption fees. Please read the prospectus for details.
Transaction Fee Funds2 (Buys/Sells)
Short-term Redemption Fee3
Option4 Commissions Per Executed Trade
$8.95, plus $0.75 per contract
Online commission + $25.00
Fixed Income Pricing Per Executed Trade
Schwab reserves the right to act as principal on any fixed income transaction, public offering or securities transaction. When Schwab acts as agent, a commission will be charged on the transaction. When Schwab acts as principal, the markup is included in the bond price.
New issues, including CDs.
Selling concession is included in the offering price.
Treasuries, including Auction and Secondary:
Online pricing + $25 per trade
Other Secondary Trades: CDs, Corporate Bonds, Municipal Bonds, Government Agencies, Zero-coupon Treasuries, including STRIPS and Mortgage-Backed Securities.
$10 min/$250 max.
Online pricing + $25 per trade
Commercial Paper & Foreign Bonds
These are specialty products—
please contact us for information.
Unit Investment Trusts
Sales charge applies. Please see prospectus.
Preferred Stocks and REITs
Stock commissions and minimums apply for secondary trades.
Note: Large block transactions (orders of more than 250 bonds) may be available for special handling and/or pricing—please call us for information.
Benefits of account consolidation
"Accounts of Your Household" are accounts that have been linked in accordance with Schwab’s householding guidelines. Schwab aggregates the balances and activities of Accounts of Your Household to determine:
Whether any fee waivers or charges apply (See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details about waivers.)
Whether your account may qualify for certain benefits or features
Contact us at +1-415-667-7870 with questions about householding or if you have accounts which need to be linked for householding purposes. Please see the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for additional details about householding.
1. Up to 999,999 shares can be placed per trade. Online Trades are trades placed through www.schwab-global.com, StreetSmart Pro®, Velocity®, or Schwab software.
2. Standard fees apply on both transactions when placing simultaneous orders to sell one or more transaction-fee fund and purchase additional transaction-fee fund(s) with the proceeds.
3. Schwab’s short-term redemption fee will be charged on redemption of funds purchased through Schwab’s Mutual Fund OneSource® service (and certain other funds with no transaction fee) and held for 90 days or less. Schwab reserves the right to exempt some funds from this fee, including certain Schwab Funds®, which may charge a separate redemption fee, and funds that accommodate short-term trading.
4. Please see the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors for detailed information on equity and options commissions. Multiple leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled "Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options" before considering any option transaction. Contact Schwab for a current copy.
5. Two-legged online option orders such as spreads, straddles, combos and rollouts are charged only one $9.95 base commission , plus per contract fees for the total number of option contracts. Complex option orders involving both an equity and an option leg, including Buy/Writes or Write/Unwinds are charged per contract fees for the option leg, plus commissions for the equity leg subject to the client's current commission schedule. There is no base commission for the option leg.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling +1-415-667-7870. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource® service. Schwab’s short-term redemption fee will be charged on redemptions of funds bought through Schwab’s Mutual Fund OneSource service with no transaction fee.
Access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, maintenance, or for other reasons.
Consult our investment professionals
Call +1-415-667-7870 (877-853-1802 in the U.S.), or email us to discuss your options.
Securities, products, and services are not available in all countries and are subject to country-specific restrictions.